Journals

Journals!!! Muahaha!


So, as you can see, I have many journals full of my life's great thrills. I started at age twelve and have journaled diligently until last year, at which point I took a break.

I know it sounds strange to "take a break" from journaling, but I was being negative when writing and it was kind of pulling me down and making it hard for me to get over some issues I'd been having. It really became a way to wallow for me instead of a way to sort my thoughts and write memories, as it should have been. So anyway, that's why I haven't been writing in a while. It has actually been really good for me I think, but I'm sure I'll restart eventually, because I really do think journaling is just so important, something we should all do, at least to some extent. For our sakes, and our children's and grandchildren's sakes; to preserve and remember and such. I mean, I love writing, so it was perfect for me; I had so much fun turning experiences into funny anecdotes and trying to describe different parts of my life in great detail. I even wrote stories which I love reading today, cute little pieces of my imagination or hilarious romance stories about whatever actor I was fantasizing about (I believe some would call the "fanfics"). But we can all jot down the occasional memory. I have no doubt they will one day be cherished.


Here's my kitty, who is obsessed with my bed.



Other ideas:
Scrapbooks
Video Diaries
Sketch Books
"one-line-a-day" books (I think those sound so cute and fun.)
Blogs ;)
Voice recordings


Comments

Popular Posts