First Post

Talking to a camera is something I'm pretty good at. After a year-long stint with vlogging on YouTube, I stopped posting my lengthy chats but didn't stop making them. It helps to say things out loud. I don't know why, but even without someone else's opinion or feedback (maybe especially without,) it just clears my head. And as long as I'm making some sort of "video diary" out of my ramblings, I can pretend I'm not just talking to myself. Which I guess is actually exactly what I'm doing.

Writing things is different than saying them. There's facial expression and little inflections in the voice that you just can't exactly put in a blog post. And then, there's something that seems so much more free about talking, less confining. For some reason, words written seem so much more incriminating than words spoken. 

To be honest, due to past experiences, writing is kind of terrifying to me. I'm a good writer. I just don't want to write anything I'm ashamed of. 

My blog is called Monday Morningist because I'm trying to optimistic. It's a reminder. Hi. My name is Madeleine and I'm here to face my fears, write about things I care about, and maybe just ramble on about whatever. 

Warning: my all post titles may be as horrifically bad as this one. 

Comments

Popular Posts