Home for the Holidays/Remembering

I'm home for the holidays!! Back in the beautiful green Northwest, walking in the woods and loving every moment of it.


 It's so good to be home with my family. I love it here, and I love spending time with them. It's crazy, and so good to also be excited about getting back to school; usually I dread the end of Christmas break, but I feel... completely content with both being here and the prospect of heading back to Provo.

Just found these old pictures on my home computer. They're from EFY when we were 15. I have good memories of being 15... we were so excited about life, and such drama queens, and just excited to be alive and exactly where we were. I just look at myself at that age and am glad I was so naive and happy. I'm not wishing to be back there-- I am soooo glad that part of my life is over. I am thrilled to be 19 and far away from High School. But I guess I'm just acknowledging that it wasn't all bad.

I have a good friend who I've spent the weekend with who is 15 and while in some ways she's very different than me, I see in her all the wide-eyed excitement of being that age that I remember having. Being pretty and giggly and the whole world centering around you. And a lot of sad realities haven't hit you quite yet, you're just young and you can eat as much junk as you want and stay up all night laughing until you cry with your friends, giggling about boys and being careless with your heart. I would never want to go back, but I do miss it.









Comments

Popular Posts