Re: Modest is not hottest

I LOVE this blog post about modesty (modest is not hottest- it shouldn't be. We shouldn't be trying to look hot or sexy, the point is to be respectful of the Lord and of our own bodies). Sometimes I forget why I need to be modest. I won't go into it all, but I basically have bent the rules quite a bit in my time. And reading this made me remember why looking "hot" shouldn't be my goal when I'm getting dressed in the morning. Any satisfaction it gives me to be stared at by a cute boy is nothing compared to what it will feel like, one day, when a man who loves me looks into my eyes, and I can see that he loves who I am. And that will come if I am being the best person I can be, not flaunting myself in revealing attire. Natasha writes, "There is a time and place to be hot, to be desired and sexy. And it is not in the grocery store, at work, or at school. A truly wonderful man, who will treat you well, and love you forever will want you to be beautiful for the whole world to see! But... he will want you to be hot... only for him." I think that's adorable, and also full of truth. I needed to be reminded of that. Today, at a missionary fireside, I wore a dress with a sort of low back, and I have pink in my hair, and I felt a little embarrassed. I have been an active member of the church since I was eight, and love the church with all my heart. I felt the spirit so strongly at the fireside. But I did not look the part of a humble member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And I felt a little disrespectful of the Lord in his own house. So... I am going to try very hard to be more modest going forward. 

And that's all. xoxo,

Madeleine

Comments

Popular Posts