Building

Thus far my morning has consisted of the Civil Wars radio station on Pandora, drinking loads of water (because water helps your skin and my skin needs some help), watching this amazing video (scroll to the bottom of the linked page), and icing my poor stupidly aching back in bed.
The funny thing was I was really missing the old cabin in Leavenworth this morning for some reason, and I wrote in my journal about how I missed being a little girl and running through the field, and climbing on the rock pile, and Grace and I building our little house fort in the forest with old nails and scrap wood. We kept it in prime condition, sweeping it out every day and adding shelves and a little log table with chairs, and a very precarious second story that doubled as a roof and as a stage for performing skits/songs we made up.
Then somehow I stumbled onto this video through a blog I was reading, and it shows these guys building this amazing treehouse cabin in Skamania County, Washington. I thought it was so incredibly cool, and I know 9-year-old me would have thought it was incredibly cool too.
Anyway, that was all I wanted to say. I'm going to continue to listen to my music (Train Song by Feist and Ben Gibbered is playing now) and maybe make myself a hot mug of tea before I have to get ready for work.


Comments

Popular Posts