A Day in the Life

Today my alarm went off at 7:00 so that I could get ready and actually look presentable for my 8:00 class, and print the paper that's due today. However, I of course fell back asleep and had this weird dream about sleeping through winter and waking up and it being summer. And then I woke up for real and it was 7:40. Ready for a miracle? I was out the door by 7:45. Looking like a hobo, of course, but nonetheless on time for class.

One of these days I'll wake up early and stun my English class by actually looking put-together and nice. There are certain people I kind of know who I always see on my way to or from that class, and they must just assume I'm a slob all the time. But for real guys, it's mostly just at that horrible morning hour. Or, also, pretty much anytime I happen to see a cute boy.

Now I'm back in my room, snuggled up in my unmade bed (I'm calling it my nest for now) with my laptop and my phone, reeealllly wanting to just stay cuddled up here, listening to the bathroom cleaners out in the hall playing Taylor Swift and thinking about how warm I am and how cold it is outside.

But alas, I should be leaving for my bio lab at this very moment, when I haven't even gotten a suitable outfit ready like I told myself I would, or fixed my haphazard makeup that is half from last night, half quickly done in the dark this morning (I tried to turn on the sink light but Marissa moaned in protest, probably in her sleep, but didn't stop until I'd turned it off. Poor dear. I mean, annoying, but poor dear).

*After Coming Back From Class*

You know what I love? Walking behind boys who have gone a bit far with their cologne that morning. And I'm seriously not even being sarcastic. You just get to walk along inhaling the goodness which, let's be honest, you probably should not be able to smell from here, but it's totally pleasant nonetheless.

You know what I don't really love? Random RMs hitting on you when you're in the JSB trying to cram last-minute for a midterm you're about to take. I hate to say it but sometimes I become rather grumpy and irritable in these moments, and also rather monosyllabic, but don't feel bed for them because they don't seem to notice.

Today is so busy! Lunch at the Moa with my visiting teachers, class, the Sacred Gifts Exhibit with a friend, and a lecture tonight from the grandson of a Native American Chief (I'm super stoked!) So I'd better go start trying to look presentable.

P.S. Apparently my Fear Story Document has disappeared from my computer... I'm quite confused and perturbed. So that's why you blog readers haven't gotten an ending! Luckily I have them all in print from the old school newspapers, and possibly back home on that computer. But yeah, disappointing.

   

Comments

Popular Posts