Whistle Tones

So there's this cool thing in singing called "whistle tones." Apparently not many people can access them, but my voice teacher and I discovered a few years ago that I can, wooo! After quitting voice lessons I mostly lost hope of ever being able to incorporate them into my actual singing- it's really hard and takes a lot of training- but I entertained my High School choir group by doing sirens up to my whistle tones and that is about as much as I've used them in the past few years. It makes me kind of sad that I haven't kept up with classical training enough to use this cool thing, but anyway here's a video of this incredible lady who has mastered her whistle tones gorgeously. (2:22-2:30)
But I'd encourage you to watch this whole video because oh my goodness this woman has an incredible voice! And I love the song!


Comments

Popular Posts