Valentines Day Countdown...

Valentines day is coming up, and I am so excited. (I know it's another several weeks. Humor me.) If you didn't know this about me, Valentines day is one of my favorite days of the year. As I've tried to explain before, it's about all of my favorite things; love and chocolate and pink and hearts and sparkles and telling people you love them. It's not about romance for me (although you can bet I will enjoy me one, if not three, romantic movies that day), but mostly about eating sweets and baking a lot and making valentines.

I just really like it, okay??!

So this year I want to bake a pretty cake with hearts on it, buy myself something pretty and pink to wear, and do something crafty for people. And tell everyone how much I love them.

I think it might even kind of be not nice to have a boyfriend on Valentines day... I mean, I feel like for guys it would be sort of stressful, and they'd give you some obligatory gift and take you out for a Romantic Evening with the intent of being Romantic. For some reason that just seems high-pressure to me. Plus if you don't have a boyfriend you can feel justified in eating sugar all day, and claim it's because you're drowning your sorrows or something.

In other news, look how pale I've gotten:


It's not just the lighting. I'm like a ghost.

Well, off I go to do my Linguistics homework, go to class, and then maybe whip myself up a mug of Hazelnut Hot Cocoa. Amanda and I are going to the Blue Line tonight to eat soup in bread bowls, so I'm trying to eat very little so that I will be starving at dinner and eat the whole thing (think about it. It's like eating an entire loaf of bread, plus soup. And I can't waste any of it's deliciousness).

The End.

Comments

Popular Posts