St. Lucia Buns!

The other day I was wanting to get in touch with my Swedish side, so I made Lussekatter (saffron buns). They were pretty dang good, if I do say so myself, and so fun to make! I'll link the recipe HERE, it is seriously amazing. They are usually made for St. Lucia Day on December 13th, and they have such a distinctive taste and are so soft and yummy.

I love trying to get in touch with my heritage, and I think trying out traditional recipes is a wonderful and simple way to experience the culture of your ancestors. 





Look how pretty they ended up being! Dad and Gracie were gone when I made them, so Andrew and Mom and I had to devour them all ourselves... darn.

I've been listening to lots of good music, trying out recipes, planning the films I want to do this summer, spending time with loved ones, and relaxing. It has been pretty amazing, but in the upcoming weeks I hope to get out more, hopefully get a summer job, and get maybe even get started on my first film project. Oh and read some good books- that always makes me feel productive :)


Spiritual Enrichment HERE.
(the last paragraph of the first section made me seriously giggle. I love president Uchtdorf so much!!)

And something that might make you laugh:


Comments

Popular Posts