Baking at Sophie's

Two nights ago Amanda and I went to Sophie's to make treats.

Amanda is the biggest baking snob in the universe and gets downright angry if there is not unsalted butter, cake flour, fresh vanilla, and the perfect chocolate chip brand in her cookies. You don't want to get in her way when she's in that zone. (Especially seeing as we are poor college students and live off Creamery foods, which don't include cake flour and fresh vanilla, or even unsalted butter quite honestly. So she wasn't in the best of moods). 


So anyway, she was in charge of cookies and Sophie and I made Soda Bread for St. Patrick's Day.


(Also Sophie and I decided to chop up a symphony bar for our cookies. It was a good choice, I think.)





Here is Amanda, vigilantly watching the cookies. This was not even set up.


And our Soda Bread was a total success- yummy and soft inside, and of course we slathered it in butter. I feel that we have sufficiently commemorated St. Patrick, even if I did miss out on corned beef and green mashed potatoes and green jones soda this year.




















Today I am wearing this paint splattered Eddie Bauer flannel that I basically stole from my Mormor, which is soooo cozy, and sitting in bed doing homework and watching Conference Talks (like this one here). I am getting in the spirit and mood for General Conference, which is in three weeks!! 




I know laying in bed for the next five hours probably isn't a healthy choice, so I might go for a walk, but between Zumba last night and my Polynesian dance class suddenly becoming so much more rigorous now that we've moved to Tahitian, my legs are so sore. Also my butt. Tahitian dance is pretty much just endless hip movements at varying speeds, and by the end of class we're all sweating like crazy. Seriously, it's harder than it looks!


We'd better have fantastic butts by the end of this semester. Just sayin'.


<3,

Madeleine

Comments

Popular Posts